As Technical Consultant you make use of your strong analytical and technical skills to translate the vision of your clients into a solution, besides you act as a solution business consultant/architect to them.
Ab Ovo is founded in 1997 and employs over 110 quality-driven professionals. Ab Ovo has six offices spread worldwide in Capelle aan den IJssel (HQ), Amsterdam, Düsseldorf, Copenhagen, Shanghai and Boston MA. The organization focusses on various markets Aviation, Manufacturing, Retail and Rail. Examples of their international, attractive clients are Maersk, DHL, Rhenus Logistics, Thyssen Krupp, Swedavia, KLM and DB Cargo. The key to Ab Ovo’s success is the combination of knowledge of information science, in-depth management experience and extensive know-how of logistics business. Ab Ovo is the ‘oldest’ partner from Quintiq, as a company Ab Ovo has an open culture and a strong embedding of knowledge development.
In this role you will be responsible for a variety of projects (new and maintenance). Your job is to help international customers translate their vision into technical advanced planning solutions (architecture and integration) for them. You are involved in workshops with the customers, development process of applications, which includes estimation processes, design, construction, testing, implementation, documentation and consultation on software and hardware. Ab Ovo build their applications in-house based on their partner’s (Quintiq) software platforms, and in an object oriented language. The company is growing and developing and candidates are expected to have the spirit and drive to help them grow to the next level.
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related fields. Interest in logistics/ advanced planning solutions is considered as a plus;
- Experience with one or more object-oriented languages (C++, C#, Delphi, Java, etc.) is required as well as affinity with programming;
- Experience in a (international oriented) software delivery business environment;
- Willing and able to communicate with and present yourself to different stakeholders from business consultants to customers;
- Broad experience in /knowledge of IT;
- Conceptual knowledge of databases, such as Oracle and SQL server;
- Knowledge of Windows OS (Active Directory, network connectivity)
- Knowledge of integration technologies (JMS, SOAP, REST, etc.) and data formats (NVT, XML, JSON, etc.)
- Experience with unit tests, load and performance testing, etc.
- Experience with versioning tools such as subversion or GIT
- Internationally oriented. Fluent in English. A command of Dutch or German is considered an absolute bonus. Flexible and prepared to travel regularly (i.e. 2 days in 2 weeks) on short business trips within Europe;
Our customer offers an excellent overall employee package, meaningful work in international environment, attractive clients and a lot of chances for personal and professional development.
If you want to know more about this vacancy or apply? Contact our consultants Ireen Dekker and Paul de Beijer:
Ireen Dekker +31(0)6 18090816, [email protected]
Paul de Beijer +31 (0)6 43282345, [email protected]
For more information about new vacancies and projects via Lefit, sign up via our website www.lefit.nl and become a member of our LinkedIn Group Linkedingroep ICT Professionals (Like 1.600 other ICT professionals).