Become part of the Wittics data science community and learn how to solve real world practical data challenges!
In our business traineeship you’ll develop skills that are not usually part of University programs but are crucial in being successful at organizations
Wittics is a data science community which focuses around the connection between data science techniques and real-world practical needs.
Data science plays a more and more significant role within the decision processes of organizations. With the current computational power and matured data science techniques like statistical modelling and machine learning the potential of data science is bigger than ever before.
The shortest path to results currently lies within the successful application of these techniques in practice: the maximum utilization of data science talent and the search for the connection between theory and practice.
You will: discover your talents, learn to speak the language of companies and engage management. Ultimately achieving personal growth while at the same time help companies with their journey of data-driven success. Enabling real impact with data science.
Wittics is based in Breda. Assignments are located throughout the Netherlands.
You will follow our 2-year traineeship with fellow talented starting data scientists. In this program you’ll grow to be a Wittics data science professional based on the following instruments:
- Assignments, perform 3-5 different assignments throughout the 2-year traineeship at different organizations. Get to know multiple organizations in a short period of time and experience different cultures and decision processes. This can include companies in many different sectors like: high-tech, public or the food sector.
- Personal development, learn your talents and how to use them. Training on communication, personal effectiveness and story telling to become a professional data scientist. Also, you’ll have access to a personal coach for guidance and advice.
- Innovative methods, get trained on innovative approaches like design thinking and gamification to be able to understand the actual need of a customer and keep them engaged with multiple possible solutions.
- Community, become part of the Wittics community in which you and your fellow trainees share challenges and insight of current assignments. Also, participate in expert sessions in which experienced data scientists talk about/give advice on factors of success of past projects. And of course, the informal activities. Drinks, dinners and outings for a great 2-year journey.
- Mentoring, senior data scientists will guide you with assignments and achieve results. Both a Wittics senior professional and a mentor at the customer side will help you to gain experience in a fun and effective way.
The traineeship starting date is flexible.
- Master degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Econometrics, Industrial Engineering or comparable;
- 0-2 years of relative working experience (so also newly graduated young professionals);
- Knowledge about data tools/programming languages such as Python, SQL, R, C# is a pre;
- Interest not only in solution appliance but also in problem definition (the need of the customer is often ambitiously or not fully defined);
- The willingness to get out of the comfort zone and learn new and exciting skills;
- A curious, pragmatic, hacking mindset;
- Good command of the English language, Dutch is a pre.
Wittics offers a competitive remuneration package with great benefits and of course an outstanding training and personal development program:
- Competitive salary;
- Extensive training on personal effectiveness and empowerment, you’ll get to know your talents and how to be successful;
- Extensive training on customer engagement, learn how to define problems correctly, ask the “question behind the question” and achieve real results;
- Community with a lot of experience to learn from and be part of (also after your traineeship);
- Personal coaching for maximizing your potential;
- Personal mentoring for guidance with assignments;
- Become officially a certified Wittics Data Scientist;
- Fun and informal activities with a group of fellow enthusiasts that you will remember for the rest of your career.
You can apply via the button ‘Solliciteren’ below
Do you want to know more about this vacancy? Contact our consultants:
Ireen Dekker 06-18090816
Paul de Beijer 06-43282345
Is this not a suitable vacancy for you, but would you like to stay in touch regarding future career opportunities? Sign up via our website. Lefit is truly interested in you!
Furthermore you can become a member of our LinkedIn Group: Data Science Professionals Netherlands and Belgium.